Volunteering is one of the many ways you can support the sanctuary through both in person and online. We are a 100% volunteer run organisation and we would love to have you on board.
How do I become a volunteer?
- Read the information below, it’s all the preliminary information you need to know prior to expressing your interest to volunteer
- Complete our expression of interest form at the bottom of this page
- We will be in touch to have a chat, pass on information about your volunteer interests and answer any questions you might have
- If all goes well, complete volunteer induction and begin your volunteering!
Some volunteer positions include:
- Onsite cleaning – cleaning cages, cage accessories and the pig room
- Onsite helping – bagging hay, grooming and feeding
- Online Adoption Coordinator – monitoring adoption applications, adoption emails, keeping profiles on PetRescue up to date
- Online Foster Coordinator – monitoring foster applications, foster emails and keeping in touch with current carers for regular updates
- Sewing helpers – using donated materials to sew items for our residents and foster carers such as cuddle sacks, corner hammocks, tunnels, etc
- Transport assistance – help to transport residents when needed, usually between foster homes, the vet, the rescue, etc
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Do I get to cuddle some guinea pigs?
Yes! Absolutely! While we can’t pay you for your time, we are more than happy to provide piggy cuddles as compensation 🙂
I am under the age of 18, can I volunteer?
Unfortunately at this time, under 18’s aren’t able to help us out with any onsite assistance. BUT, we do encourage you to help out in other roles such as a sewing helper.
Are our volunteering times flexible?
Of course. We do work on a schedule, but it is the volunteer’s decision of how many hours they would like to volunteer for and how frequently they would like to do so. For onsite roles, we will generally need vollies on Wednesday’s, Friday’s and Saturday’s. This is something we can organise more after you have expressed your interest via our form below.
I need accommodations due to disability, is this okay?
Absolutely, our rescue is run by a diverse group of people, some with disabilities. We welcome everyone from all backgrounds, and we are more than happy to discuss your needs and find a role that suits you and your skillset best.
Are we taking measures to be COVID safe?
Yes! We value our team, and we make great effort to make sure everyone is safe. Our COVID protocols do change depending on current outbreaks, etc but we will always communicate the measures we are taking and what this means for our volunteers.